Questions about Educational Services contact:
Marilyn Saunders, Director of Educational Services
518-242-4731 ext. 275
The educational program offers a unique emphasis on addressing academic, social/emotional, and behavioral needs which have interfered with the student’s progress in school. A highly structured program with a success-based philosophy surrounds our students with the resources and support needed to function effectively in the classroom.
Our student-centered approach supports the development of skills to address significant delays in socioemotional development, while remediating academic skills and providing grade-appropriate instruction leading to a NYS Diploma. The goal is to prepare students to successfully reintegrate into their local public school, the workforce, or post high school educational settings.
- Junior and Senior High School serving special education and regular education day service and residential students in grades 6-12.
- Registered by New York State (NYS) Education Department and certified as a School of Special Education.
- State-of-the-art educational facility including centers for arts, technology & physical education as well as academia.
- Highly qualified faculty with specialized training in differentiated instruction.
- Compliance with CSE standards and practices.
- Grade appropriate NYS curriculum in Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, Science, Fine Arts, Occupational Education, and Physical Education.
- NYS learning standards fully integrated into courses to prepare students for statewide testing and diploma requirements.
- Mainstream academic programs, with departmentalized instruction meeting NYS requirements for graduation:
- New York State High School Local and Regents Diploma
- Skills and Achievement Commencement Credential.
- Career Development and Occupational Studies Commencement Credential
- Highly trained school safety staff able to support individual student’s attainment of positive school behaviors.
- Principals of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) incorporated into comprehensive behavior management strategies.
- Related services specific to IEP needs.
- Referrals to a full array of onsite Mental Health Counseling, Psychiatric Services and Community-Based Case Management supports.
- Before and after school extracurricular activities support enhanced student engagement.
- Close communication and collaboration with families, placing agency/district, and student to support overall success.
- Local students can continue to receive educational and clinical services as they transition from residential services to home.