To make a referral:
Phone: 518-242-4731 x240
For prescription refill requests please call: 518-242-4731 x278
The Counseling Center at LaSalle School offers outpatient services to youth (ages 5-26) along with their families, struggling with a wide range of behavioral and mental health concerns. These include:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief & Loss issues
- Complex Trauma
- Addiction (both youth & family)
- Sexual Abuse (both victim & youth with problematic sexual behaviors)
The Counseling Center’s goal for expanding into outpatient mental health for the past 30 years has been to provide an array of services that will allow youth to remain in their homes and communities without further penetrating the legal or mental health system.
As a nationally recognized leader, LaSalle School has been providing residential care and educational services to youth for over 165+ years, earning a reputation as a leading provider of evidence-based and effective therapeutic programming for children and their families. Building on decades of experience in assessing and treating mental health and complex behavior disorders within our residential setting, LaSalle expanded services by adding a NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) Children’s Clinic license and decades of experience in treating mental health and behavior disorders, LaSalle now offers outpatient mental health evaluation, counseling and psychiatric care to youth ages 5 to 26.
Evaluation and Treatment Services include:
- Assessment and Treatment by highly experienced and licensed Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment professionals.
- Access to Psychiatric Services to evaluate and provide ongoing medication management.
- Individual Therapy utilizing client centered and evidenced-based approaches to wellness, recovery, safety, and maintenance skills.
- Family Therapy to foster improved family relationships, communication, and support.
- Experiential Learning and Expressive Arts interventions specifically designed to engage youth, encourage progress, and promote the development of core skills.
- Group Therapy specifically designed for adolescents and their caregivers. Developmentally specific skill building, psychoeducation, and treatment groups;
- Multi-Family Groups
- Parent Support Groups
- Specialized Adolescent Treatment Groups
- Specialized Evaluation, Risk Assessment, and Treatment of youth who have been sexually abused and/or have engaged in sexually harmful behaviors.
LaSalle School accepts Medicaid, CDPHP, MVP, Beacon Health, The Empire Plan, Value Options, and Fidelis Health Care. Fee for service and sliding scale available upon request.