Question about donating to LaSalle contact:
Director of Development
518-242-4731 ext. 271
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
518-242-4731 ext. 272
The LaSalle School Foundation welcomes donations which supports the development of LaSalle’s therapeutic and academic programs and services. In addition to unrestricted monetary gifts, please be aware of the various funds and additional opportunities to support LaSalle School.
Checks may be made payable to:
LaSalle School Foundation
Attention: Development Department
391 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
LaSalle’s youth and families benefit from the generosity of the community through the donations of new and gently used goods. Staff coordinate the donations of goods and determine the best use for these items. Items may include:
- Clothing for boy ages 6-21
- Educational games
- Books for ages 7 to young adult
- School supplies
LaSalle School accepts matching donations from various corporate organizations. To match your donation please submit your matching information to the appropriate matching coordinator of your organization and notify LaSalle School Foundation of your generosity.
Stock and Securities
Make gifts of appreciated stocks or mutual funds and get a tax deduction based on the current price of the stock and pay no capital gains tax on the increase in value. All deductions must be itemized.
LaSalle School’s planned giving program offers donors a range of vehicles to suit diverse financial situations and objectives.
Planned giving includes:
- Outright gifts that can be made during life and upon death as outlined in a will or living trust.
- Naming LaSalle as a beneficiary of your retirement plan. Retirement plans and IRAs may allow you to designate LaSalle as a beneficiary affording you both income and estate tax benefits. If you are 70 ½ years old (or older), you can make tax-free gifts directly to a charity from your IRA, up to $100,000 per year. It will not be counted as taxable income, so no need for a deduction.
- Life insurance, charitable gift annuities (CGAs), and charitable remainder trusts (CRTs) can be discussed.
Charitable giving incentives in the COVID-19 economic stimulus bill apply to your LaSalle School donations. These include a new above-the-line deduction for up to $300 in 2020 charitable contributions and an increase on the existing cap for annual itemized contributions from 60% to 100% of adjusted gross income.