Questions about Admissions & Referrals contact:
Jessica Repko, LCSW-R
Director of Admissions
LaSalle School’s Specialized Residential & Day Services Programs provide therapeutic services for adolescent males and their families between the ages of 12-18, who are in grades 6-12, and who are experiencing significant difficulties in their home, school, or community.
We are committed to making this process as expedient as possible. We are strength-based, family-centered, and culturally-sensitive in our approach to children and families.
If the review material indicates he may be a candidate for our program, our Admissions Team will schedule a PPI (Pre-Placement Interview) with the student and his family, and the referring providers.
**Our hope is to become part of the solution for children and families, not ANOTHER failure **
During the PPI, the Admissions Team will:
- Explain the array of programs and treatment services offered by LaSalle School
- Answer any questions pertaining to the services of LaSalle School
- Whenever possible, we conduct the interview on-campus to provide the student and his family the opportunity to tour the campus and meet with staff. This has proven to be a key step toward early engagement.
The parents / caretakers are also interviewed to support treatment, and to synthesize their thoughts on their son’s possible placement. We welcome all questions or concerns that the family has throughout the process.
On DAY OF ADMISSION, we will:
- Facilitate the student’s introduction to his Social Work team, and all available support staff.
- Show the student the location of his living unit and introduce him to Youth Development Specialists in his dormitory.
- Discuss LaSalle’s opportunities for calling or writing home, and review ways to remain connected and attached with a student’s family members, as indicated. Allow the student to call home and ensure that phone pass is in place with all approved contact phone numbers.
- We provide everything he needs for his first night (i.e. bedding, personal hygiene products, etc.)
- Our residential team will conduct an I AM SAFE review designed to help him feel more comfortable and supported here.